July 28, 2011

INDONESIA & K-POP FRIDAY

Happy Friday!

Tonight I am heading to Indonesia for a little over two weeks! I can not wait to get in the air and start my summer vacation.

One of my best friends, Olivia, is half Indonesian. Her father grew up in Jakarta and is accompanying our group of 14 friends on our trip through Indonesia. It is going to be so much fun to travel with Olivia's Dad and have someone in our group who can speak Indonesian and knows their way around the country.



We are starting our trip in the capital city of Indonesia, Jakarta. Full of motor bikes, markets and upscale malls, I have heard Jakarta is like the wild wild west.


Next we are moving on to another large city on the island of Java called Jogyakarta. It is known to be the cultural capital of Java and is very close to two important Hindu and Buddhist temples.


Our last stop on our tour through Indonesia is Bali. We are going to spend a little over a week exploring this large island. I am going to spend a night or two in Kuta, the backpacker city, before heading into the cultural city of Ubud (where Eat Pray Love was filmed). We are going to finish our trip on a small island off the eastern coast of Bali called Nusa Lembongan. I have read that it is the real Bali, no cars allowed on the island, beautiful beaches and small bungalows right on the sand. It is going to be the perfect place to end our trip.



Wish me luck, and hopefully I will have tons of interesting stories and beautiful pictures to share! Have a great weekend!

And to appease the crowds a KPOP Friday video.

"Roly Poly" by T-ara.


No comments:

Post a Comment